After being released from the UFC, Darren Till says he is still “okay” with Dana White
He defeated Kelvin Gastelum in the UFC octagon in 2018 for his most recent victory
Dricus Du Plessis defeated the Englishman in the final match of his UFC career
After confirming his release from his UFC contract, Darren Till says he is “okay as f***” with Dana White and Hunter Campbell and adds that he still has some “s***” to clear out. It appears that Till wants to take some time off, and the promotion will enable him to do so.
Despite the release, the Englishman will probably be able to return to the most significant promotion in MMA. The automatic UFC Roster Watch account tweeted on Tuesday (28 February): “Fighter removed: Darren Till,” which gave fans the impression that the Englishman had been dropped from the organization.
After leaving the organization, Till subsequently explained to fans why he was let go from the UFC, saying that he had requested the organization dismiss him. What’s going on everybody, Myself, Dana [White, UFC president] & Hunter [Campbell, UFC executive vice-president, and CBO] are still cool as f**k,” Till wrote on Twitter.
“I’m not leaving, I have important things to do, and I’ll be back.”
In what has been a difficult few years for the Brit, Till has dropped out of title contention after losing his past three fights and five of his last six. In his most recent contest, which took place at UFC 282, he was submitted by Dricus Du Plessis in the third round.
In his middleweight debut at UFC 244, he defeated Kelvin Gastelum for his most recent victory inside the octagon. Till debuted in the UFC in 2015, but it wasn’t until his first-round Knockout victory over Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone that he became well-known.
After defeating “Cowboy,” the Liverpudlian would face Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson at home; Till would ultimately prevail by decision. With the victory over “Wonderboy,” he would have the opportunity to challenge Tyron Woodley for the UFC welterweight championship at UFC 228 in 2018.
In order to keep his championship, Woodley would later submit Till in the second round. The Englishman would suffer his first loss in a competitive match.
Till has since had difficulty rising to the top of the heap. In London, he would lose by knockout to Jorge Masvidal, and then in 2018, he would move up to middleweight. After defeating Gastelum, Till went on to lose his last three matches to Robert Whittaker, Derek Brunson, and Du Plessis, the latter of which would be his final match.
Till’s history of injuries has hampered his ability to compete frequently throughout time.
The Englishman claimed to have torn his ACL in his most recent match against Du Plessis, telling UFC announcer Bruce Buffer. Following UFC 282, Till said: “I’m not retiring, this is not a retirement speech. I’m not done fighting, but I’m taking a sabbatical from the UFC. I’m 29, so making a choice would be foolish.
I genuinely am on a losing streak at the moment. I’m having trouble finding my way right now, which is weird since I feel completely at ease when I’m sparring with the best men in the world in the gym, but when I enter the Octagon, I simply can’t seem to put things together.
It appears that Till will take a break from the UFC in light of current developments, but there is still a chance that he could make a comeback in the future.