For UFC fans, the next event on the menu is UFC Vegas 68. The event is also known as UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs Spivak, taking place on February 4, 2023, in UFC Apex, Nevada. The heavyweight clash between Derrick Lewis and Sergey Spivak will headline the event.
- Date: February 4, 2023
- Prelims: 10:00 pm ET | 7:00 pm PT | 3:00 am GMT
- Main Card: 1:00 am ET | 10:00 pm PT | 6:00 am GMT
- Venue: UFC Apex, Nevada, U.S.
The Lewis vs Spivak fight was originally scheduled to happen in November. However, it was canceled on the day of the battle after Lewis suffered an illness that left him unable to compete. The two will collide in a heavyweight bout in UFC Vegas 68.
Who is Derrick Lewis?
Derrick Lewis is a former UFC Heavyweight Championship challenger. Nicknamed “The Black Beast” Lewis is currently holding the record for most knockouts in UFC (13), as of writing. The 37-year-old American boasts a 26-10 record, with 1 no-contest and 21 KOs.
In December 2021, in UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs Daukaus, he knocked out Chris Daukaus in the first round. It was his 13th KO in his UFC career, a record in the promotion.
Derrick Lewis lost his most recent fight in UFC 277, in July 2022. He lost against Sergei Pavlovic via TKO (punches) in the first round.
Who is Sergey Spivak?
Sergey Spivak is a Moldovan heavyweight fighter. The 27-year-old ‘Polar Bear’ boasts a 15-3 MMA record with 7 KOs.
Spivak turned pro in 2014. He fought for numerous promotions including World Warriors Fighting Championships, Eagles Fighting Championship, N1 Pro Nomad MMA, and Real Fight.
Spivak is a former World Warriors Fighting Championship (WWFC) heavyweight champion. He clinched the title in June 2017, beating Travis Fulton via submission.
He won against Augusto Sakai in his most recent bout in UFC: Santos vs Hill, in August 2022.
UFC Vegas 68 Fight Card
- Main Event – Derrick Lewis vs Sergey Spivak; Heavyweight
- Co-Main – Jung Da Un vs Devin Clark; Light Heavyweight
- Marcin Tybura vs Blagoy Ivanov; Heavyweight
- Choi Doo-ho vs Kyle Nelson; Featherweight
- Yusaku Kinoshita vs Adam Fugitt; Welterweight
- Jeka Saragih vs Anshul Jubil; Lightweight
- Lee Jeong Yeong vs Yi Zha; Featherweight
- Toshiomi Kazama vs Rinya Nakamura; Bantamweight
- Choi Seung-guk vs Park Hyun-sung; Flyweight
- Ji Yeon Kim vs Mandy Bohm; Women Flyweight
- Park Jun-yong vs Denis Tiuliulin; Middleweight
- Tatsuro Taira vs Jesus Aguilar; Flyweight